Monday, March 02, 2009

Issue when Adding a reference to BIDS 2008

I was working today on a SSIS project using Business Intelligence Development Studio 2008 and I created a script task with vb.net as the default language. Then add some code and references to .net dlls.
Close the task, did something in the package, then I went back to the Script task and things disappeared, so I was upset for a moment there because of lost code. So I tried to add the reference again to my dll and it gave the message:

"no template information found. See the application log in Event Viewer for more details".

opened event viewer and found the following error in the application log:

The global template information is out of date. Regenerate the templates by running 'VSTA.exe /installvstemplates' or reinstalling the application.

I tried both:
1- ran VSTA.exe /installvstemplates and devenv.exe /installvstemplates: did not solve the issue
2- un/re installed VS.net 2008, did not do it either.

so I thought I may try to drop in a Script Task that is in a diff language, so I tried C# and adding reference in the VSA worked great ! so somthing looks corrupt on my side now with vb.net inside VSA. will tackle this issue later but at least I can get back to development to recover lost hours :)..

have a good working day!!

No comments: